ATLANTA, Ga. - Last weekend's ASUN Conference Women's Cross Country action saw four teams hitting the course to finish the 2019 regular season. Kennesaw State, Lipscomb and North Alabama represented on Friday at the Blazer Classic while Liberty and Lipscomb participated in the Pre-National Invitational on Saturday. All four teams will next hit the course at the 2019 ASUN Championship on Nov. 2nd in Fort Myers, Fla.
In the 24-team field at the Blazer Classic in Montevallo, Ala., the Owls placed 11th overall followed by the Lions at 12th. KSU's Katie Meyer led all ASUN runners with a time of 21:22.8 and an 8th-place finish out of 252 scoring competitors. She was joined in the top 25 by fellow Owl Sarah Hendrick (21:36.3, 24th). Emma Kight's 28th-place finish at 21:39.9 was the top for North Alabama in the race. She was followed by teammates Phoebe Moon (21:51.8, 47th) and Kara Nix (22:05.6, 54th) and Kennesaw State's Ella Weaver (23:00.4, 96th). The Bisons were represented by Haley Humphrey in the 6K who finished 103rd with a time of 23:05.7. KSU's Jordan Rozier (23:17.2, 111th) and UNA's Lillian Humphries (23:26.8, 116th) rounded out the league's top-120 finishers.
Blazer Classic 6K: Top Performers
8. Katie Meyer, Kennesaw State - 21:22.8
24. Sarah Hendrick, Kennesaw State - 21:36.3
28. Emma Knight, North Alabama - 21:39.9
47. Phoebe Moon, North Alabama - 21:51.8
54. Kara Nix, North Alabama - 22:05.6
96. Ella Weaver, Kennesaw State - 23:00.4
103. Haley Humphrey, Lipscomb - 23:05.7
111. Jordan Rozier, Kennesaw State - 23:17.2
116. Lillian Humphries, North Alabama - 23:26.8
Liberty finished 22nd overall out of 37 teams at the Pre-National Invitational 6K held in the Terre Haute, Ind. Freshman Adelyn Ackley paced the Flames with a 20:33.3 finish that earned her 15th place in the field of over 250 runners. The next three finishers for the team were Calli Parlier (21:09.9, 73rd), Brittany Carnathan (21:57.3, 154th) and Priscillah Kiplagat (22:01.6, 165th). The Bisons finished 30th as a team and were led by Hannah Owens (21:26.6, 96th). Brooke Kingma (21:32.9, 109th), Grace Oetting (21:52.8, 147th) and Grace Lahey (22:04.7, 174th) were other top finishers for Lipscomb.
Pre-National Invitational 6K: Top Performers
15. Adelyn Ackley, Liberty - 20:33.3
73. Calli Parlier, Liberty - 21:09.9
96. Hannah Owens, Lipscomb - 21:26.6
109. Brooke Kingma, Lipscomb - 21:32.9
147. Grace Oetting, Lipscomb - 21:52.8
154. Brittany Carnathan, Liberty - 21:57.3
165. Priscillah Kiplagat, Liberty - 22:01.6
174. Grace Lahey, Lipscomb - 22:04.7
Saturday, Nov. 2nd
2019 ASUN Women's Cross Country Championship - Fort Myers, Fla.