ATLANTA, Ga. - Four squads finish the 2019 ASUN Conference Cross Country regular season this weekend. Teams from Kennesaw State, Liberty, Lipscomb and North Alabama are all in action. With no new USTFCCCA Regional Poll being released this week, the Flames and Bisons remain ranked at No. 9 in the Southeast Region and No. 10 in the South Region, respectively. North Florida also maintains its position at No. 13 in the South Region.
The Blazer Classic will feature three conference representatives in its field for a 6K race on Friday morning. Teams from Kennesaw State, Lipscomb and North Alabama travel to Montevallo, Ala., for a start time of 9 AM CT. On Saturday, another group of Bisons will join Liberty at the NCAA Pre-National Invitational 6K for an 11 AM start time in Terre Haute, Ind.
This is the final weekend of action before the 2019 ASUN Cross Country Championship on Nov. 2, in Fort Myers, Fla.
Kennesaw State at Blazer Classic 6K - Alabama Traffic Safety Center - Friday, 9 AM CT
- Last competed on Oct. 5, in the Gold 5K at the Greater Louisville Classic where Katie Meyer paced the Owls (17:48.6, 42nd).
- The team finished 32nd in a field of 39 teams; Out of 343 runners, Sarah Hendrick placed 56th with a time of 18:00.0.
- Hope Thornton (19:26.3, 248th), Jordan Rozier (19:29.8, 254th) and Alicia Johnson (22:03.2, 330th) were the next three finishers for KSU.
Lipscomb at Blazer Classic 6K - Alabama Traffic Safety Center - Friday, 9 AM CT
Lipscomb at Pre-National Invitational 6K - LaVern Gibson Championship Cross Country Course - Saturday, 11 AM
- Lipscomb last competed at E.P. "Tom" Sawyer State Park for the Greater Louisville Gold 5K in Louisville, Ky.
- The Bisons finished second in the 39-team race; Brooke Kingma led the team's runners with a time of 17:26.3 for a ninth-place finish.
- Two other team members finished in the top-25 of a field that included over 300 runners: Lauren Flynt (17:34.2, 18th) and Hannah Owens (17:38.0, 23rd).
North Alabama at Blazer Classic 6K - Alabama Traffic Safety Center - Friday, 9 AM CT
- The Lions' last meet was the FSU Invitational 5K on Oct. 11, in Tallahassee, Fla.
- Phoebe Moon, who finished 25th with a time of 18:25.9, led North Alabama to seventh-place overall out of 24 teams.
- Other top finishers were Emma Knight (18:47.0, 37th), Kara Nix (18:50.9, 42nd) and ASUN Freshman of the Week Lillian Humphries (19:41.0, 73rd).
Liberty at Pre-National Invitational 6K - LaVern Gibson Championship Cross Country Course - Saturday, 11 AM
- Last competed on Sept. 27, at the Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational in Earlysville, Va., and the Queen City Invite in Charlotte, N.C.
- Adelyn Ackley (20:45.2, 7th) paced the Flames in the 6K race in Virginia. Other top finishers were Calli Parker (21:32.4, 24th) and Priscillah Kiplagat (21:46.4, 33rd).
- Lauren Hirneisen (19:04, 35th) and Chelsea Stocki (19:19, 48th) had top-50 finishes at the Queen City 5K.
ABOUT THE ASUN
The ASUN Conference is an NCAA Division I league with nine member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The ASUN meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement through a true balance between student and athlete. Six ASUN schools reside in Nielsen Top 50 national media markets, and all nine are in top 80 markets. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. Bellarmine University in Louisville, Ky., joins the ASUN for the 2020-21 academic year.