ATLANTA, Ga. - The 2019 ASUN Conference Cross Country season continues this weekend with Jacksonville and North Alabama hitting meets at two different sites. The Dolphins are coming off a 5K run at last weekend's Mountain Dew Invitational in Gainesville, Fla. North Alabama is returning to action after hosting the UNA Invitational two weeks ago.
The two-race day begins at the Asics Embry-Riddle 5K with the Dolphins getting started in Daytona Beach at 7:50 AM. The John McNichols Invitational features the Lions in Terre Haute, Ind., toeing the line for a 9:45 AM start time. Both ASUN schools are participating in these races for the first time in program history.
Jacksonville at Asics Embry-Riddle 5K - Embry-Riddle Soccer Stadium - 7:50 AM
- The Dolphins were led by sophomore Hayleigh Palotti in last week's Mountain Dew 5K; a third-place finish (18:10.3) secured her first-ever ASUN Runner of the Week award
- The team's next four finishers were Lauren Polimeno (23:19.9), Rain Marti (23:20.0), Jayda Brooks (23:20.4) and Serena Gadson (23:32.2)
- The Dolphin's entire 2019 regular season, including the ASUN Championship, is run in their home state of Florida; their next race is on Sept. 27th in Orlando at the UCF Invitational
North Alabama at John McNichols Invitational 5K - Lavern Gibson Championship Cross Country Course - 9:45 AM
- The Lions last competed on Sept. 7th when they hosted their first home meet since 2007, the 12-team UNA Invitational 5K
- The team placed third overall in the home meet; senior Emma Knight paced the team with a time of 18:30.2 to finish third individually.
- UNA had two other top-10 finishers in Phoebe Moon (18:49.9, 7th) and Kara Nix (18:58.4, 8th); Sharon Chepseba finished 16th (19:38.9)