GAINESVILLE, Fla. - North Florida women's tennis prepares for the NCAA Tournament as it plays No. 21 Florida State in the opening round on Friday morning at Linder Stadium at the Ring Tennis Complex.
MATCH DAY INFORMATION
WHO: Florida State (18-8)
WHEN: Friday - 11 a.m.
FOLLOW: Watch & Live Stats
SERIES: Florida State leads 5-0
LAST TIME: The teams met in the 2017 non-conference season with the Seminoles grabbing a 4-0 victory in Tallahassee.
OSPREY QUICK HITS
- North Florida is making its fourth straight appearance in the NCAA Tournament after defeating Stetson, 4-1, in the ASUN Final. The Ospreys have been to the NCAA Tournament six total times.
- With a win, UNF would advance in the regional for the first time in program history and play the winner of Florida/Youngstown State.
- Last season, the Ospreys faced off with South Carolina and fell 4-0 to the No. 14-ranked Gamecocks in the first round.
- This is the first time in program history that UNF earned a No. 3 seed in the first round.
- Scholar-Athlete of the Year and first team All-ASUN selection, Luise Intert, is on a six-match win streak heading into the tournament with a 13-3 mark in dual matches. She is primarily playing at the No. 4 position.
- Her counterpart in doubles, Rafaela Gomez, sits in the No. 1 spot with a 9-8 mark and earned first team honors as well.
- The pair is on a seven-match win streak with a 12-4 mark at the No. 1 spot and a 21-7 overall record.
- Freshman Florencia Rossi clinched the ASUN Tournament match in the No. 6 spot and is second on the team with an 18-6 record overall.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
- The Seminoles earned the two seed in the Gainesville regional after finishing the season with an 18-8 record, good for the most regular season wins since 1999. This is Florida State's 20th appearance in the NCAA Championship.
- Last season, Florida State bowed out in the second round as it fell to No. 11 Auburn, 4-2.
- In singles play, Carla Touly sits at No. 19 in the latest ITA National Rankings, owning a 12-7 mark int he No. 1 position and going 7-3 in her last 10 matches. She is 6-6 against nationally-ranked players.
- Joining her in singles rankings is Petra Hule who has a team-high 25 victories including a 16-6 mark in dual matches. She is currently ranked No. 122 in the nation. Hule owns a 4-2 mark against nationally-ranked players.
- In doubles, Hule and Andrea Garcia moved up 10 spots in the rankings to own the No. 44 spot. The duo is 17-6 overall and went 11-2 in tournament play in the fall.
- Garcia paired up with Julia Mikulski as well in ACC play to post a 5-1 mark, while Hule and Gabriella Castaneda posted an undefeated 6-0 record in the No. 3 spot during ACC play.
- Joining them in doubles is Touly and Ariana Rahmanparast at No. 56 after owning a 12-7 dual match record.
- Garcia has a team-high 17 victories in dual matches after going 10-3 in league play. She plays primarily at the No. 6 spot and is on an eight-match win streak.
Florida Ticket Information
- Tickets may be purchased in advance or on each day of the tournament.
- An ALL-SESSION Pass $10.00 for adults and $5 for seniors, children under 17 and college students.
- SINGLE DAY tickets for Friday and Saturday are $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for senior citizens, college students and children under 17.
- SINGLE DAY tickets for Sunday are $3.00 for everyone.