LakePoint, Ga. - Jacksonville sophomore Michelle Forsland secured her second-straight ASUN Conference Women's Golfer of the Week honor after her record-setting rounds at the Pinehurst Challenge, announced by the league office on Thursday.
From Kolbotn, Norway, Forsland becomes the first ASUN Women's Golfer to win back-to-back weekly awards since former Dolphins Jessica Welch accomplished the feat in March of 2015. Forsland set a program record at the Pinehurst Challenge as her three-round total of 210 is the best in JU history. She opened with an even-par 72 before finishing the opening day with a three-under, 69. On the final day of competition, Forsland registered another 69, which included five birdies to move into third place out of 100 golfers at the event.
ASUN Women's Golfer of the Week - Oct. 12th
Michelle Forsland, Jacksonville
Sophomore | Kolbotn, Norway
- Second Career ASUN Women's Golfer of the Week honor; second-straight award
- Set Jacksonville program record with a three-round total of 210 at Pinehurst Challenge
- Finished third at the tournament with a field of 100 student-athletes; two strokes of the lead
- Registered rounds of 72-69-69 over the course of two days to finish six-under par
- Totaled 10 birdies over the three rounds including five on her final 18 holes
Other Nominees: Teresa Conroy, North Florida; Carolin Schart, Stetson.
|Date||ASUN Women's Golfer of the Week||Team|
|Sept. 21||Kaye Kwon||North Florida|
|Sept. 28||Madison Caldwell||Kennesaw State|
|Oct. 5th||Amanda Detmer / Michelle Forsland||Jacksonville|
|Oct. 12th||Michelle Forsland||Jacksonville|