EVENT: NCAA Athens Regional
DATE: Tuesday, May 9, 2017
LOCATION: UGA Golf Course (Athens, Ga.)
COURSE INFO: Par 72 / 6,344 yards
UNF FINISH: 17th of 18 teams (618)
TOP OSPREY: Nathalie Nygren (T30th / 148)
Round 2 Results pdf
The short story: The North Florida women's golf team carded a second round 313 on Tuesday in second round action of the NCAA Athens (Ga.) Regional at the UGA Golf Course. Senior Nathalie Nygren continued to be the squad's top performer finishing with a second round 75 to rank tied for 30th at 148 (+4).
- Senior Nathalie Nygren followed up her strong opening round performance with a solid second round 75 (+3) and heads into Wednesday's final round tied for 30th in individual play.
- The freshmen duo of Sydney Shrader and Sydney Merchant concluded the day tied for 74th at 155, following rounds of 79 and 78, respectively.
- Senior Megan Wilshire is 89th after her second round 81 while freshman Teresa Conroy wrapped up the UNF lineup with a round of 82 to rank tied for 90th.
- Alabama moved to the top of the team competition with a two-round tally of 573, five shots ahead of the rest of the field // Wake Forest's Jennifer Kupcho holds a one shot lead in the individual medalist competition with a 36-hole total of 6-under 138.
#3 Alabama (573), #19 Baylor (578), Michigan State (581), #39 Clemson (586), #11 Northwestern (588), #31 Tennessee (588), #8 Georgia (592), #14 Arizona (595), #43 Augusta (596), #35 North Carolina (599), Princeton (603), #45 Auburn (603), #25 UCF (603), Kansas State (607), #22 Wake Forest (610), Troy (613), North Florida (618), Quinnipiac (649)
|17||North Florida||305||313||---||618 (+42)|
|T30||Nathalie Nygren||73||75||--||148 (+4)|
|T74||Sydney Shrader||76||79||--||155 (+11)|
|T74||Sydney Merchant||77||78||--||155 (+11)|
|89||Megan Wilshire||79||81||--||160 (+16)|
|T90||Teresa Conroy||80||82||--||162 (+18)|
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Nygren's round marked her third straight round in the 70s in NCAA Regional play... Also was her fifth round in her last six that was 75 or lower
- UNF has amassed 101 pars so far in the event led by 23 by Nygren
- North Florida also tallied 15 birdies thru 36 holes of play, paced by five from Nygren
- Following final round play, the top six teams and three individuals not on those teams will advance to NCAA Championship play
North Florida concludes play at the NCAA Athens Regional with final round action on Wednesday. The Ospreys tee off on Hole 10 beginning at 9:09 a.m. alongside Troy and Quinnipiac.