LakePoint, Ga. - Lipscomb's Loren Cagle, North Florida's Keonna Farmer and Stetson's Michelle Pruitt stood out in the opening weekend of the ASUN Conference Women's Basketball season and earned weekly honors, announced by the league on Tuesday.
Cagle earns her first career ASUN Player of the Week award after a dominating opening weekend averaging 18 PPG, 6.5 RPG & 5.5 APG. She also scored the game-winning shot against Charleston Southern winning the Bisons' first game of the season, 58-54. The senior guard had a stat sheet-stuffing performance against the Buccaneers with 20 points, seven rebounds, five assists and two steals. In addition, Cagle put up a team-high 16 points and dished out six rebounds and assists against College of Charleston.
Senior transfer, Keonna Farmer collects her first career ASUN Newcomer of the Week award after averaging 14.5 PPG in her debut as an Osprey. Farmer recorded a team-high 17 points against No. 14 Florida State and put up 12 points in the Ospreys' home-opener versus Warner.
Stetson's Pruitt earns the first ASUN Freshman of the Week award shooting 100% from the field in both of the Hatters games. The freshman is 11 for 11 and is averaging 12.5 PPG, in addition to 4.5 RPG. Pruitt tallied 11 points against No. 2 Texas in just her 24 minutes off the bench.
ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week - Nov. 14th
Loren Cagle, Lipscomb
Senior | Forward | Nashville, Tenn.
- First Career ASUN Conference Player of the Week award
- Averaged 18 PPG, 6.5 RPG & 5.5 APG in 1-1 week for Lipscomb
- Hit the game-winning shot to put the Bisons over Charleston Southern, 58-54
- Cagle shot 51.9 percent on field goals over the past two games
- Ranks second in the ASUN in points (36) and assists (11)
Other Nominees: Nasrin Ulel, FGCU; Jasmyn Brown, Jacksonville; Alexis Poole, Kennesaw State; Keonna Farmer, North Florida; Rylie Parkhurst, USC Upstate; Kennedi Colclough, Stetson.
ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Newcomer of the Week - Nov. 14th
Keonna Farmer, North Florida
Senior | Forward | Birmingham, Ala. | Communication Management
- First Career ASUN Conference Newcomer of the Week award
- Led the Ospreys with 17 points against No. 14 Florida State
- Recorded double digits in North Florida's 74-38 win over Warner
- Picked up 10 rebounds in home opener versus Warner
- Farmer has five steals on the season, ranking second in the ASUN
Other Nominees: Lisa Zderadicka, FGCU; Shakayla Nevitt, Jacksonville; Alexis Poole, Kennesaw State; Michelle Pruitt, Stetson.
ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Freshman of the Week - Nov. 14th
Michelle Pruitt, Stetson
Freshman | Forward | Homewood, Ill. | Sport Business
- First Career ASUN Conference Freshman of the Week award
- Averaged 12.5 PPG, 4.5 RPG and was perfect from the field in the opening week
- Picked up 14 points in Stetson's home opener versus Thomas University
- Pruitt is 11-for-11 in field goal attempts this season
- Scored 11 points against No. 2 Texas in 24 minutes coming off the bench
Other Nominees: Chandler Ryan, FGCU; Alexis Poole, Kennesaw State; Emily Kmec, Lipscomb; Tiffany Tolbert, North Florida; Anda Kuzmina, USC Upstate.
|Date||ASUN Player of the Week||ASUN Newcomer of the Week||ASUN Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 14||Loren Cagle, Lipscomb||Keonna Farmer, North Florida||Michelle Pruitt, Stetson|