LakePoint, Ga. - After an exciting opening weekend of ASUN Softball, FGCU's Racquel Fournet and Lipscomb's Jordan Fortel earn the first weekly awards of the season, as announced by the league office on Monday.
Fournet earns her third career ASUN Player of the week honor, helping the Eagles get off to a 4-0 start. The junior finished the week with a .636 batting average and .643 on-base percentage, including going five-for-five against Georgetown and Ball State. Fournet also totaled seven hits, two doubles, three RBI and one home run over the weekend to lead the FGCU offense.
For the Bisons, newcomer Jordan Fortel made an impressive debut with a no-hitter against No. 14 Ole Miss, earning her ASUN Pitcher of the Week and the first of her career. In the 3-0 victory over the Rebels, the junior pitched all seven innings, while striking out four batters, walking one and facing only two above the minimum. Fortel also helped Lipscomb take down its first ranked opponent since defeating No. 14 Baylor in 2014.
ASUN Conference Softball Player of the Week - Feb. 12
Racquel Fournet, FGCU
Junior | Outfielder | Windermere, Fla.
- Third Career ASUN Conference Player of the Week honor
- Led the Eagles offensively to start off the season 4-0
- Finished the week with a .636 batting average and .643 on-base percentage
- Hit a home run against Ball State in the Eagles' 4-1 victory against the Cardinals
- Totaled seven hits, two doubles and three RBI to cap the weekend
- On defense, collected 27 put-outs, along with one assist
Other Nominees: Allie McCourt, Jacksonville; Caitlin Turner, Lipscomb; Navia Penrod, North Florida; Karla Beasley, USC Upstate; Ashly Smith, Stetson
ASUN Conference Softball Pitcher the Week - Feb. 12
Jordan Fortel, Lipscomb
Junior | Pitcher | Greeneville, Tenn.
- First Career ASUN Conference Pitcher of the Week Award
- Led the Bisons to a 3-0 win over No. 14 Ole Miss to start off the season
- Recorded a no-hitter against the nationally ranked Rebels in her first game as a Bison
- Struck out four batters, walked one and faced two above the minimum
- Pitched all seven innings, racking up an ERA of 0.00
- Helped Lipscomb take down its first ranked opponent since No. 14 Baylor in 2014
Other Nominees: Morgan White, FGCU; Alyssa Bilodeau, Jacksonville; Sydney Matzko, North Florida; Jaime Tino, Stetson
|Date||Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week|
|Feb. 12||Racquel Fournet, FGCU||Jordan Fortel, Lipscomb|