ATLANTA, Ga. - Stetson's Hillary Melly secured the first ASUN Conference Men's Cross Country Runner of the Week honor for the Hatters since the 2015 season after his run at the Mountain Dew Invitational, announced Wednesday by the league office.
Melly shattered the Stetson program 8K record at the Gainesville course as he posted a time of 25:02.36 to place 12th out of 182 runners in the event. His performance passed his personal best by one minute, while he lowered the program 5K record by 30 seconds. His excellent showing helped Stetson to a fifth-place performance in a field of 22 teams. The Hatters return to the course on Oct. 12th at the FSU Invitational.
ASUN Men's Cross Country Runner of the Week - Sept. 26th
Hillary Melly, Stetson
Junior | Eldoret, Kenya | Health Sciences
- First Career ASUN Conference Runner of the Week Award; first for Stetson since 2015
- Shattered the Stetson 8K record at the Mountain Dew Invitational
- Ran the Gainesville course in 25:02.36 to place 12th out of 182 runners
- Helped Stetson to a fifth-place finish out of 22 teams
- Lowered his PR by one minute; bested program record by 30 seconds
2018 Season Award Winners
Sept. 5th - Men's: Azaria Kirwa, Liberty Women's: Carley Lutzow, FGCU
Sept. 12th - Men's: Silas Griffith, Lipscomb & Nick Morken, North Florida Women's: Courtney Brenner, Lipscomb
Sept. 19th - Men's: Azaria Kirwa, Liberty Women's: Noel Palmer, Liberty
Sept. 26th - Men's: Hillary Melly, Stetson Women's: Nora McUmber, Jacksonville