LakePoint, Ga. - Two River City rivals collected this week's ASUN Conference Baseball Weekly honors as Jacksonville's Scott Dubrule and North Florida's Brad Deppermann guided their teams to weekend series victories and spots in the upcoming ASUN Championship. It marks the second career honor for Dubrule, while Deppermann earns his first career Pitcher of the Week award, announced by the league office on Monday.
Dubrule had himself an outstanding week as the middle infielder picked up 12 RBI in helping Jacksonville to a 3-1 record. The Venice, Fla. native opened his week with a three-hit and one RBI performance against No. 14 Florida State. He followed that up with two RBI in the opening game against USC Upstate, before breaking out in game two. He went 5-for-6 at the plate with a career-high and program single-game record seven RBI. Dubrule added two more runs batted in on Sunday to lead the Dolphins to a series sweep at USC Upstate. He slashed .500/.478./.556 for the week going 9-for-18 overall.
Deppermann put together a masterful performance in his outing against the Lipscomb Bisons. The junior right-hander pitched 8.0 innings, allowing only five hits and one run. Deppermann struck out eight batters and only gave up a solo homer in his outing. He matched career-highs in innings pitched and strikeouts to help guide the Ospreys to an ASUN Championship berth. He threw a career-high 117 pitches en route to the victory and has now allowed only one earned run in his last 16.0 innings pitched for the Ospreys.
ASUN Conference Baseball Player of the Week - May 14th
Scott Dubrule, Jacksonville
Sophomore | Infielder | Venice, Fla.
- Second Career ASUN Baseball Player of the Week honor; first this season
- Collected 12 RBI to lead Jacksonville to a 3-1 week, including a series sweep in ASUN play
- Posted two multi-hit outings, including going 5-for-6 against USC Upstate in game two of series
- Set a new career-high and program single-game record with 7 RBI in 14-5 win vs. Spartans
- Slashed .500/.478./.556 for the week, scoring two runs and added two walks
Other Nominees: Terence Norman, Kennesaw State; Pat O'Hare, NJIT; Brooks Wilson, Stetson.
ASUN Conference Baseball Pitcher of the Week - May 14th
Brad Deppermann, North Florida
Junior | Pitcher | Palm Harbor, Fla. | Criminal Justice
- First Career ASUN Baseball Pitcher of the Week award; third for North Florida this season
- Matched his career-high tossing 8.0 innings against Lipscomb on Sunday
- Allowed only five hits and one run in leading the Ospreys to a 3-1 victory
- Tied his career-high with eight strikeouts against the Bisons; only allowed two walks
- Has only allowed one earned run in 16.0 innings pitched over his last two starts
Other Nominees: Chris Mauloni, Jacksonville; Tommy Derer, NJIT; Jack Perkins, Stetson.
|Date||Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week|
|Feb. 19||Alex Brait, FGCU||Tyler Santana, Jacksonville|
|Feb. 26||Kohl Gilmore, FGCU||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|Mar. 5||Charlie Carpenter, USC Upstate||Logan Gilbert, Stetson|
|March 12||Richie Garcia, FGCU||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|March 19||Brooks Wilson, Stetson||Frank German, North Florida|
|March 26||Griffin Helms, Kennesaw State||Kevin Hickey, USC Upstate|
|April 2||Jorge Arenas, Stetson||Evan Lumbert, FGCU|
|April 9||David Chabut, Kennesaw State||Frank German, North Florida|
|April 16||Angel Camacho, Jacksonville||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|April 23||Angel Camacho, Jacksonville||Logan Gilbert, Stetson|
|April 30||Brooks Wilson, Stetson||Josh Dye, FGCU|
|May 7||Chris Berry, North Florida||Jack Perkins, Stetson|
|May 14||Scott Dubrule, Jacksonville||Brad Deppermann, North Florida|